Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To Resolve, or Not to Resolve....

I've started thinking about my 2009 New Year's Resolution. I try to come up with something that is not only doable, but that will make me a better person. I'm at about a 50 percent success rate with this endeavor. I completed the resolution I set for this year -- read one book a month, at least, for a total of 12 for the year. I have read more than 12 already, so that one was a success. My 2007 one, well, let's just say it lasted about two weeks. I wanted to improve my random knowledge quota (should Alex Trebek ever invite me to Jeopardy). I would ask a question that I did not know the answer to, then search the Internet for the answer. I had trouble with that. First of all, I couldn't generate questions when I was put on the spot. I would freeze up! Then my hard drive crashed, and I lost the list I had compiled to that point. Guess that wasn't meant to be. 

Now that I am considering what I should choose as a resolution for next year, I try to be honest with myself. For one, it can't involve exercise or weight loss. That is asking way too much of me. Maybe I will do one, the other or both of those, but I can't have the added pressure of having a resolution tied to it. I'm toying with the idea of having it tied to praying regularly or some sort of writing incentive. Or maybe a cooking incentive... then again, why should my kids suffer? :) Seriously, I couldn't see doing that until I had a bigger kitchen... one with more than two cabinets. Boy do I hate my kitchen. I knew this when I bought the house 10 years ago, but living with it is another story. I mean, where to put that springform pan that I bought at a Pampered Chef show eight years ago, that I MIGHT use one day? You know the minute I get rid of it I will have a springform emergency and nowhere to turn. Anyway, the resolution is a work in progress. 

Today I need to run to Sam's. I am out of milk, small bottles of Sunny D and lunch-sized Oreo packages. Oh geez, I left the TV on and The View is on. Even listening to that show from 30 feet away makes my skin crawl. 

Have a happy hump day (who wouldn't?)!!!

Cindy

No comments: